What Is the BC Spring Hockey League (BCSHL)?
The BC Spring Hockey League’s intention is to create an environment where high-caliber players can develop and experience the type of league that junior hockey can offer to athletes with the dream of eventually playing NCAA and/or Pro Hockey. The BCSHL is designed to be a stepping stone for players to one-day play in Junior hockey.
The BC Spring Hockey League runs through April-June 2021. This league sees competition from other junior hockey affiliated teams in a showcase style league environment. The intention is to localize top players teams are hoping to recruit in future seasons. This gives these young prospects the ability to play in a junior hockey atmosphere.
**If COVID-19 protocols don’t allow games to be played, these teams will continue to focus on developing skills and game applicable habits to every player to prepare them for junior camps across the country, and costs will be reduced to accommodate the loss of games.
BC Spring Hockey League – Junior Eagles
With the Junior Eagles getting set to embark on their 4th year in the BCSHL, we’ll be icing 2 teams this season (U18, U16). Every player who makes one of these 2 rosters will receive:
- Both the U18 & U16 teams will be coached by Eagles Head Coach Cam Keith and the Eagles coaching staff. Players will be exposed to all the rigours and expectations that comes with becoming a top-tier athlete.
- Players will receive on ice, dryland & video sessions.
- Each player will receive an Eagles home/away jersey and socks, pant shells, Eagles polo, and warm-up shirt and shorts
- A Seminar on the BCHL/NCAA hockey journey
- Off-weekends that correspond with province wide camps
- Full length games starting in April and ending in early June + Playoffs. (Dependent on Provincial Health Office / COVID-19 Protocols)
How to Register?
Does your young junior hockey player want to try out for one of our BCSHL teams? If so, you can click the link here and be taken right to our Jr. Eagles signup form. Once you’re there, select the intended BCSHL Team and one of our front office staff will contact you to complete the registration process.
Please also complete the Medical Information Sheet and send to firstname.lastname@example.org