The Surrey Eagles are a Junior A hockey club, and are proud members of the British Columbia Hockey League. We play our home games at South Surrey Arena, offering both premier development opportunities for our players, and fast-paced, affordable entertainment for the whole family.
Here are our arena guidelines we expect fans to follow during all Surrey Eagles games at the South Surrey Arena. We thank you for your cooperation.
The Surrey Eagles uphold a strict no in and our privileges policy. If you leave the arena at any time during a game you will be denied re-entry.
Any guest in the possession of alcoholic beverages on the premises may be requested to produce proper ID upon request to a Surrey Eagles staff member or a City of Surrey staff member of the South Surrey Arena. Any guest who produces false identification or who passes alcohol to a minor may be evicted and possibly subject to charges.
- ● Guests may not purchase more than 2 alcoholic beverages at a time.
- ● Minors are not permitted in the ‘No Minors Allowed Beyond this Point’ sections at any time during the duration of the game.
- ● Alcohol of any kind may not be brought into or removed from the South Surrey Arena
- ● Surrey Eagles bartender and staff can refuse the right to serve any guest at any time pending their own discretion
- ● Any guest who is determined to be deliberately concealing alcohol while entering the South Surrey Arena may be denied access to the building
- ● A person exhibiting visible signs of impairment may not be permitted into the stadium and may be removed from the South Surrey Arena. This includes guests who exhibit behavior that distracts, inconveniences or otherwise interferes with other guest’s enjoyment of the event.
- ● Last call: (Times may vary at the discretion of the venue) Takes place at the immediate start of the third period. No alcohol will be served beyond this time.
- ● •No refunds will be offered for confiscated alcoholic beverages. Guests who are denied entry or removed for any violation of facility rules will not be issued a refund for the event.
Animals are not permitted in the South Surrey Arena with the exception of service animals.
Banners and Signs
Banners and signs must not interfere with the view of other guests. They cannot be of distasteful nature or content, nor can they advertise a logo or product that is harmful and or rude to community members. Signs may not be attached to any surface or obstruct permanent signage.
Fan Code Of Conduct
The Surrey Eagles is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports & entertainment experience for all guests, staff, athletes, officials, and performers.
It is an expectation all guests follow the below code of conduct. Failure to comply with any portion of this may subject the offending guest to ejection from the Stadium without refund or compensation, revocation of season tickets, trespass to property notice/fine, and potential legal action. This conduct includes some but not limited to:
- ● Guests shall respect each other as well as the Surrey Eagles employees, owners, athletes, opposing team, officials, and performers;
- ● Guests shall be treated in a consistent, professional, and courteous manner;
- ● Guests shall not engage in violence, fighting, threatening, taunting, physical or verbal harassment, or any other dangerous or disruptive behavior;
- ● Guests shall not make offensive or obscene remarks or gestures;
- ● Guests shall not throw objects of any kind
- ● Guests who have been ‘banned’ from the premises shall not try to purchase a ticket and or enter the building during designated Surrey Eagle events;
- ● Guests shall not vandalize any Surrey Eagle and City of Surrey property;
- ● Guests shall not bully or harass any Surrey Eagle employees, owners, officials, and performers or they will be subject to be removed from the premises
- ● Guests shall consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner;
- ● Guests shall not provide alcohol to a minor or possess alcohol not purchased in the venue;
- ● Guests shall sit only in their ticketed seat (e.g a general admission ticket holder shall not sit in a reserved ticket holders seat or seats) and shall present their ticket if requested by venue representatives;
- ● Guests shall not loiter in large groups that impose on the accessibility of emergency exits and or clog up walkways from other guests;
- ● Guests shall not enter or attempt to enter, disrupt, or interfere with the field of play or any other restricted venue areas;
- ● Guests shall refrain from smoking (including e-cigarettes or vaporizers);
- ● Guests shall comply with all operational and emergency response procedures as directed by venue representatives; and
- ● The Surrey Eagles reserves the right to restrict prohibited items from entering the venue and may confiscate or require items to be kept outside the venue.
Guests must follow all Surrey Eagles policies, including this guide provided, and posted instructions while in the venue and on the venue grounds at all times.
Food & Beverage + Allergies & Dietary Requirements
Outside food and beverage are not permitted inside the South Surrey Arena. Some exceptions may apply(allergies, dietary requirements, etc.) however, we recommend that guests contact the South Surrey Arena directly for more information about the concession food as the Surrey Eagles are not in control of any City of Surrey concession.
The South Surrey Arena does not have products and areas free from nut products and as a result, we recommend that guests and staff with nut allergies exercise extreme caution when attending/working an event hosted by the Surrey Eagles.
Flying Game Pucks
We advise guests to pay close attention when the game is in play as flying pucks may leave the ice surface. We ask guests to watch the game at their own risk. Mesh netting areas are available around the corridors of the arena to avoid pucks leaving the ice.
In the best interest of fans and staff, the Surrey Eagles will continue to monitor local COVID-19 trends and meet or exceed protocols mandated by local governments. By purchasing tickets to this event, you agree to abide by the health and safety measures in effect at the time of the event. Please note these confirmations will apply to all
members of your party before they are allowed to enter the event and to any users of the tickets purchased by you. Check back often for updates to your event venue website as guidelines are subject to change.
Lost & Found
Lost and found items that are turned in to any Surrey Eagles staff member will be placed for retrieval at our Customer Service Booth. Once the game is over, any unclaimed items will be handed over to the City of Surrey staff members where guests are advised to email or call the South Surrey arena directly for all Lost and Found item inquiries.Please note, items you bring into or acquire at the venue are at your own risk. The Surrey Eagles and the South Surrey arena are not responsible for any damaged, lost, or stolen items.
• Professional Cameras (Only Point and Click Cameras permitted)
• Laser pens or laser products of any type
• Weapons of any type including knives
• Fireworks, incendiary devices, or any other flame-making device
• Air horns, whistles, mechanical noisemakers as well as aerosol and compressed air canisters
• Powered megaphones
• Alcohol, drug or any illegal substances
• Outside Food or Beverage (empty refillable water bottles or water bottles that have not been opened are permitted)
• Poles or sticks.
• Inappropriate signs on banners
The Surrey Eagles and the South Surrey Arena reserves the right to refuse entry to any guest in possession of a prohibited item. Any items surrendered by guests prior to entry will be donated or destroyed and not returned. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police.
Filming, Photography, Recordings and Transmissions
Notice of Filming and Photography
During your attendance at a Surrey Eagles Hockey game and surrounding areas at the South Surrey arena, you may be filmed, recorded, or photographed by the Surrey Eagles, Local News groups, the City of Surrey, the South Surrey arena, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or related entities, event partners and sponsor(s), or individuals working for any of the aforementioned groups (together, we call that group the “Presenters”).
By attending, you agree that:
• You may be filmed, recorded, or photographed as described above.
• The Presenters may reproduce, publish, exhibit, modify, and otherwise use any photographs, films, audio recordings, digital recordings, or other content featuring your likeness, voice, statements, name (if you provide it), or actions (together, we call those items “Materials”).
• The Materials can be used worldwide, in perpetuity, and in any form of media including without limitation: social media posts, online video streaming, television, websites, and promotional campaigns.
• All use or licensing of the Materials can be made without further notice and without financial or other benefits paid to you.
The City of Surrey also utilizes video surveillance systems to record certain areas of the South Surrey arena and surrounding areas, on a continuous and ongoing basis. Footage is monitored by the City of Surrey for the purpose of maintaining security and safety. Recorded footage is retained on the City of Surrey’s server for a limited time, or longer where determined appropriate by authorized personnel. Recorded footage may only be accessed by authorized personnel, and may be used by the Surrey Eagles for investigative purposes (i.e. safety and security incidents, workplace matters) where so permitted by and in accordance with law).
If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not attend a Surrey Eagles Hockey game and the surrounding areas at the South Surrey arena.
Recording and Transmission of Events
Guests shall not, whilst in the venue, use any electronic device to record or transmit any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data concerning the progress, conduct or any other aspect of any event for betting activities, unlicensed commercial activities or any other purposes in contravention of these terms and conditions, unless authorized or permitted to do so by TD Place. Mobile phones used for strictly personal and private use are permitted.
Guests’ failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in refused entry to or eviction from the venue.
The South Surrey Arena complex is a non-smoking facility. Smoking or vaping of tobacco products or cannabis is not permitted on its entrance stairways or within its gates, including all seating areas, indoor and outdoor concourses, offices and changing areas.
Strollers are permitted into the venue for the duration of the event, however, they must not block or interfere with emergency exits, pathways, and stairs for the safety of other guests.